I've gotten sick and need someone to speak for me and help at my artist's alley table at The Big Apple Con this Saturday March 7th in NYC!
- Must be outgoing, friendly, and concise (don't ramble)
- Must be dedicated and responsible
- Must be ON TIME Saturday morning (10am)
- Must be able to stay the whole duration of the convention (10am-6pm)
- Must be in the NYC area
- Students wanting to get into the comics industry preferred
- Greet people who pass by my table and ask them if they want a custom sketch.
- Explain brief details of custom sketch options.
- On either my iPad or a clipboard, get customers names, emails, and orders.
- I'll buy you a ticket into the convention (worth $20)
- I'll provide lunch for you (worth ~$10)
- You'll get the last hour or 2 of the convention off to explore and have fun!
- If you do a great job, it could lead to other similar work because I table at many conventions, including MoCCA Fest and New York Comic Con.
- If you want, I will draw your own custom sketch of anything (worth $45)
- You'll get to "learn the ropes" firsthand from a professional cartoonist and can ask me anything about the comics biz. Knowledge is power!
- Send an email to email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday March 6th at 3PM with the following:
- Name, email, phone number, Skype contact (if applicable), availability
- Tell me a little about yourself and why you want to get into the comics business
I will hold interviews near the Penn Plaza Hotel after I set up for the convention Friday evening at 6pm. Exact location TBA to qualified applicants. If you can't make it Friday, let's Skype.
PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD! I'd much rather get someone who's a friend-of-a-friend via Facebook, mailing list, or social media than go to craigslist.